Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

Sukhi Arbi (Colocasia)



Sukhi Arbi , is my favorite recipe since childhood. My mother used to make this only for me sometimes:). I think today is the time when i need to mention about my mother. She is really a great cook and i got my inspiration from my mother in cooking field , although i never was trained by her lively. But i just got this passion eventually and learnt on phone(off course with my wonderful mom) after i got married. This is her recipe...goes great with Indian Bread(Chapati), Tortilla.
              Ingredients:
                 Serving: 2 Persons
250gm Colocasia/Arbi
1 Medium Onion Sliced
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Carom Seeds
1 tsp Chat Masala
1 tsp Minced Green Chili
 2 tbsp Oil
Salt and Pepper as Taste

Process:
1)     Boil colocasia for 10 minutes with covered lid on medium low flame. Once done peal the colocasia skin and slice them.

2)     Heat the Oil in large skillet on medium high heat.

3)     Once Oil is hot, add in Carom seeds, Green Chilies. Add in turmeric powder, salt, pepper,  Coriander Powder, Chat Masala, Colocasia and mix well.
4)     Cook on medium flame and stir continuously until colocasia turns golden in color and soft enough.
5)     Then, add in sliced onions and mix well.
6)     Cook for 5 minutes on low heat with lid on and Serve Hot
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
recipes.in