Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

Halwa (My Style)



Halwa, i know i took allot of time to share our famous punjabi Halwa. This is the one recipe everybody in north India loves to have any day anytime. Today i would like to share this specially to all my friends who are there to support my work. And this recipe is my gesture to express my love to all my friends there. Here I want to mention that i mix three kinds of flour to have the best of them in one dish. Texture of semolina and aroma of gram flour creates wonder in this dish.


Ingredients:

¼ Cup Semolina (Rawa)
¼ Cup Wheat Flour
¼ Cup Gram Flour(Besan)
3/4 Cup Clarified Butter(Ghee)
3/4 Cup Sugar
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
½ Cup Chopped Almonds,Rasins
3 Cups Water
Grated Coconut for Garnish


Process:

1) Take a sauce pan and heat up water and sugar, let it comes to boil.

2) Meanwhile heat up clarified butter in a skittle. One that's hot add in Semolina, Wheat flour, Gram flour. Stir continuously on low flame till the color of flour mixture turns brown.

3) Now add in water and sugar boiling mixture into flour mixture slowly. Stir rigorously to protect lumps to be formed and the consistency you like. Then add in nuts and cardamom powder at last and mix well.

4) Garnish with nuts and coconut...Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
recipes.in